Friday, April 20, 2012

Sweet Strawberry Time

Last weekend some of the interns and I went strawberry picking right outside downtown Memphis! I absolutely love strawberries and what better way to get some vitamin C from fresh berries with some vitamin D from being outside! I did find myself this week a little "pink in the face" with strawberries... Sunday through Wednesday I tried to incorporate them into every meal.  Needless to say I had to take a small break from them for a meal or two.  However, I would highly recommend going strawberry picking (or any fruit picking for that matter)! It is a great outdoor activity and you will benefit from healthy fruit packed with many vitamins.



So, what to do with all the strawberries? That has been what I have been asking myself all week! I have come up with a few fun options to add them to a meal and recipes that I cannot wait to make with the fresh berries!

Ways I used my strawberries:
- Strawberry/banana smoothie
- Strawberries with cottage cheese
- Yogurt parfait fruit and granola
- Salad with strawberries, feta cheese and raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- Strawberry lemonade

Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry shortcake (my aunt has a delicious recipe that I may just have to share at some point on here)
- Fresh strawberry pie
- Strawberry syrup with homemade oatmeal pancakes
- Strawberry cake - This recipe looks absolutely amazing! This is a must try recipe!

http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/archives/1088

1 comment:

  1. You mean ... More Strawberries and less Butterfinger Blizzard? I would try strawberry blizzard but that just seems wrong. Great post!

    ReplyDelete