Wednesday, May 9, 2012

PB2: A fresh take on peanut butter!


A few weeks ago I was on Pinterest and came across this new product... PB2.  Since I am 1. a peanut butter fan and 2. intrigued about new products that are less processed and healthier, I was very interested in this product. Yesterday my PB2 (regular and chocolate) arrived in the mail. Another intern and I split the 4-pack to give it a try! I am so excited and cannot wait to try it. According to the website there are different recipes that can be made with this powdered peanut butter or it can be used on a simple peanut butter sandwich.


http://bellplantation.com/

So, what is different about PB2 when compared to normal peanut butter? Well PB2 is only 45 calories for 2 Tbsp compared to the regular 180 calories for 2 Tbsp. It offers 2g less protein compared to the regular, but contains no saturated fat. The ingredient label is hard to beat in terms of calories, protein, fat and overall nutrients. Now... for the taste! Tomorrow morning I will be taste testing the PB2 on my light multi-grain english muffin for breakfast! I will have to share how it compares in terms of taste to the normal peanut butter.

Regular Peanut Butter Nutrition Label
Calories: 190
Fat Calories: 130 (16g)
Sugar: 3g
Protein: 7g

PB2 Nutrition Label
Calories: 45
Fat Calories: 13 (1.5g)
Sugar: 1g
Protein: 5g

2 comments:

  1. So, how was the PB2? Did it taste okay??

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Regular peanut butter" does not contain sugar, palm oil, or salt. The only ingredient is: peanuts.

    ReplyDelete