Sunday, September 4, 2011

Healthy and Delicious Muffins!!

Healthy and delicious whole wheat banana (carrot) muffins. I got the recipe from one of my new favorite blogs: love food eat




Ingredients:
Dry
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 cups finely chopped/grated carrot
  • ½ cup almonds roughly chopped
  • ¼ cup quick cooking oats
  • ¼ cup raisins
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1tsp cinnamon powder
Wet
  • 2 ripe bananas mashed into a paste
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 1 cup brown sugar
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients and mix well.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix till combines. The mixtures will be quite hard. If it looks too dry add a little more yogurt. Don’t be tempted to make it too watery.
Scoop the batter into the greased muffin tray. And bake till done.

The recipe calls for carrots, however I did not add them to the muffins and they were still delicious!  I just made these muffins for the holiday weekend and I would recommend them! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to have to try these this weekend!!! =)

    ReplyDelete