Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Challenge: A month diet of only whole foods

This last week I had this idea and desire to try to eat only whole foods for a month.  My thoughts behind this was how it would make me feel as I "cleaned" up my body and diet.  This whole food challenge would eliminate any processed foods.  A breakfast meal might consist of two eggs and a cup of blueberries.  This will obviously be a challenge since we are constantly surrounded daily by food that is processed and refined.  This idea has been on my mind for a couple days now and I just looked online to see if anyone else has ever tried to achieve this goal.  I found a blog of a family who did it for 100 days! Their blog shares great recipes (whole wheat banana pancakes - my favorite!) and other ideas of what to put together for meals. Read their blog below and you will for sure be inspired!

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/

An example of a menu from the family that you can use:
http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Meal-Plan-1.pdf

Please join me on this journey throughout June! I know it will be hard and difficult to resist temptations at times, but I am certain that it will be a rewarding journey!

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about this for weeks now. I've felt a gross change in my body and my energy levels and I know it's due hugely in part to my eating habits. Irregularity of eating coupled with too much processed...CRAP...:) I'm excited to see someone else wanting to eat clean too, it'll help when I begin the journey! I'm def up for joining you in June- (minus June 7th...I am not skipping birthday yummies). :)

    ReplyDelete